BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Youth Empowerment Camp (YEC) - Day 2

It was an early morning when I woke up. I took my breakfast in the multipurpose hall(MPH). Then, I listened to what Mr.Boh and Dr.Sia had to say. They talked a great deal on change and passion. I was inspired indeed by them. They made a great pair together when they were 'running the show'. Haa. 


After that, Dennis had a session with us about careers and interest. I kinda like swam into the INVESTIGATE 'island'. I met friends there and started building our life-saving boat. We built a simple yet workable boat. However, we had so much plans in our heads that we don't have enough time to carry them out. In the end, the boat kinda floated but crashed abit during the 'fall'. We didn't expect that 'in the middle of the sea'. LOL. 

After lunch, those alumni went back here and shared their past experience with us. It was funny when they went into a field which is not directly related to the course they studied. But it was nice for them to share it. Later, we had that O.P.T.I.O.N.S session. Those alphabets meant so much. 

Fun time. I was grouped into Group 6. Yeah! I met so many friends and played so many games with them. We did our best in every activities and enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. Nice time mates! Those activities were fun and exciting especially when we had a 'shoes fight' instead of pillow fight. Haa. We came up with the strategy first. Haa. The 'train' thingy was fun and exhausting too. We persevered throughout all the activities. Right?

Dinner was served in the bakery. After some rest, I headed back to MPH for more activities. When I walked into MPH, I saw the video 'Nobody'. A thought went across my mind - 'Dance?'. I was right and I had bad feeling about it. However, when I started to dance along with my group mates, it was so much fun that I forgot that I don't dance. I blended in with them and dance along with the music happily. I was surprised when Group 6 did the best dance! I wanted more dance. Bah...

After dances, we had an activity which we need to cross over the other side through 'holes'. With the help of everyone, we tried to pass everyone through one by one. I was one of them. I felt like, ah family. Haa. All passed through except two as we ran out of chances. Haa. I was even more surprised when Group 6 was announced as the best group by Dr.Sia. Yeah! We got hats. We are all leaders in the group! yeah!

We didn't stop there. We went to the bakery for the night. I had a fun time drinking and eating with all my friends that I met in the camp. Yahoo! I even watched FIFA World Cup. We chatted and laughed at jokes. When we were playing Truth or Dare, we laughed more and couldn't stop there. Haa. Details, please refer to facebook. Haa. In the Truth or Dare, there were so many highlights that I can't finish blogging. Fun and nice. This lasted until about 12a.m. Then I went to split ways with them to the snooker room to meet my school friends. When I was on the way back, I saw them playing basketball. I joined in and played with them until 1a.m. again. So much fun! Haa. I shot in two balls. I was happy and energized. After the match, I walked back with them to the hostel. Actually we chatted for a longer time then only we entered our hostel. Haa. Thanks for the fun to Shu Ren, Lydia, Jia Wern, Nishant, Ricky, Wei Yang, Ariff, Leow, Jing Lun and Jin Fai. Haa. Yeah!

By JM

0 comments:

Share!