BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Starwalk 2010. Not just a walk.

Starwalk. It was like the event of the year with people from all walks of life rushing into the stadium, with me in between the entrance. Gosh, my mind went like 'highpressure, low speed', explaining the slow moving of crowds and delay of the walk in the morning. I registered and took the blue wristband quickly in search of my friends. Well, I found some and decided to walk with others in the end. Lol. Just enjoying the morning walk. I liked to move between people and advancing further ahead. Well, without running, I like Starwalk. However, not everyone was walking. In fact, most of them were half-running and half-walking while some ran all the way. Gosh, some even took shortcuts. Cowards. You thought you were fast. I can see 'that'. 


I kept walking the long way which promised more sceneries and sight-seeing. I walked and looked ahead. I kept thinking that I will reach soon. Lol. My legs were aching somehow. I walked through somehow. Yet I finished the walk without running and got a certificate somehow. Haa. An uncle even told those who ran were just too eager for certs or winning. He said, 'The walk is only a race against time, not human.' How inspiring! I passed him and continued my journey. Honestly, I thought it was a 5km walk. But when I'm finished, my friend told me it was a 10km walk. My reaction was like, 'really?'. xD


Then, I went for drinks in the 100Plus and Spritzer Booths and food as breakfast. I chatted for awhile and wandered around for a bit before I walked to the side for the variety show. There were singing performance, magic show, dance show and more. The lucky draw was long and in vain as I didn't get any lucky numbers. Geez. I sat there and enjoyed the show for the day. Haa. I heard some of my friends won some medals. Nice. Good job. This year's Starwalk was one of my favourite times as I enjoyed the times and experience. Sweat is nothing. 


By JM

0 comments:

Share!