BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

FIFA & Treasure Hunt

FIFA World Cup 2010 had kicked-off in South Africa last week. I am still in the fever now. A month's fever. Group matches were not that exciting. Until now, there were a few nice matches which did not make me feel like sleeping on the couch. Oh, that's nice. 


England's slip was unexpected. Germany's big win was great. Well, we'll see who will take the golden cup back home in the final next month. Haa. Actually I watched the Kick-off Concert in a series of split show. I watched the first half on one day and completed the second half on the other day. It was amazing. I like the World Cup songs very much. I love that passion and feel in those songs sang clearly in the concert, well only those which I understood. African songs by the 'Queen of African Music' was nice too. She had a wonderful voice. Most Africans do, it's just I don't understand a word they sang. Maybe I should learn more languages in the future. It would be nice.


Life's had been more about the same in the holiday. I'd been here and there, doing stuffs like this and that to pass my time. It had been a nice holiday break so far with plenty of great experience and fun. One of them was the treasure hunt by Sin Chew Daily yesterday, in Old Town of Ipoh.


Well, let me tell you one thing I learnt. Ipoh is really an old town. Believe me. If development don't take place, it's gonna get older. We were searching for clues and name of historical places all over the old town, guided by the only hand-drawn map provided by the organizer. I was like, 'What happen to Google Map?'. Okay, back to basic senses. We roamed the streets under the blazing sunlight. The clues were rather awkward. There was one time that we went to a part of the map where we were like spinning in circles. Haa. However, we got through in the end. 


In the park, we played games to add marks to your 'campaign'. Rather like a child, we played child games and had fun, but not really nice scores. There was a urge to jump into that children pool only for kids in that park. Chill. After the games, we walked into the primary school's hall and submitted our answers with 'gifts' bought and brought back for the organizers. Awkwardly, they gave more back to us after we gave them ours. Don't waste. Haa. We waited long enough in the hall for the presentation of photos and answers. I was like, 'Hey, why most of the photos are girls, especially nice ones?' Okay. When we were announced the 6th place, I was shocked and on cloud nine. 074. Well, 007 is not fat away. Haa. Grab some bucks and waited for my ride home. 


Nice Sunday and enjoyable roam around the so-called Old Town. Ah, it's the 21st century. Life move on. XD
By the way, nice preview. :)


By JM

0 comments:

Share!