BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

'Late' Christmas and New Year Celebration

Last weekend with friends was nice. I went to the Christmas and New Year Celebration at the stadium.


We were early birds that day. I had a meal with Chuan Yi and Qi Wen at the food court. Just chit-chatted for awhile while drinking my chilly lemon juice. Then, we walked until it started rain. Rain poured intermittently, droplets of them hit me. It was rather nice to walk under the rain. Hah! When we reached there, there were only organizers, performers rehearsing for the last time, our school brass band getting ready, students in blue attires all around... We simply sat somewhere in the middle as there were lots of ample seats available for us to choose from. We saw our teacher - Raymond, was there supporting the brass band. Other friends came one by one or in pairs after somewhile. We had plastic bags filled with light stick, biscuits, a bottle of mineral water and a red string. I cracked the light stick to make it glow in the dark. Nice. Others did the same. The uncle sitting next to me aked me to do the same for him, but without the red string. Hah! 


Then, we waited again. Went out for breaks as it was boring. When I got back to my seat, some of friends' seat had been taken by other people. One lady came blaring with her principles and accusations that we booked the seats even though my friends weren't there. She was wrong, my friends came and sat. They just went out for fresh air or the lavatory. Geez. 


The show started with churches's choir, or rather they were sort of appetizers. When the VIPs came in, our school brass band welcomed them with their great performance of a few songs. Thunderous applause shook the hall as it ended. Later, we endured some lengthy speeches from some VIPs. Great. Later, I watched the performance planned for everybody. A few caught my attention, namely one unexpected remix of the old and modern with break dances from the Ballet School, a church's choir which sang the contemporary remixes. Nice, nice... 


After the local artist's performance, Yoga Lin went in as the fans of him screamed as if forgetting the presence of our VIPs. They rushed down to the stage to get a closer look. Well, but they were hold back by the RELA. After the celebration ended, Yoga Lin had another session of performance. I listened to his singing and watched he sang like he was really in the song itself. Possessed. I was surprised to see his action at the last part. Unexpected. It ended with a great feeling. The crowd subsided swiftly even though the local artist was next on the list. I was tired too. Wandered around and hit home. Peace.


By JM 

0 comments:

Share!