BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 30, 2010

Soap !

Experiments are just nice, nicer when you did it with a bunch of friends. 


Our Chemistry teacher instructed us to conduct an experiment to produce soap. By following the apparatus and material list, we picked and took the required items. Ah, there they were. I like Chemistry very much, after Physics. I just like to mix this and that, then BOOM - another 'that' came out. How miraculous. I'm always fascinated by the work of science and its application. To be honest, I'm tired of theories taught without any practical work. That will be just like reading a book about flying an airplane without actually flying one. I like practical work or experiments very much as they are quite rare in my school. Teachers just don't let us do that much. So I was excited whenever there will be one.


I enjoyed every part of the experiment, including the chat with my friends to pass the waiting time. It was total fun. I enjoyed stirring, mixing the solutions, heating, cooling, filtration, crystallization, etc. Time flies, an hour of Chemistry just passed when the bell rang. Oh my, but I ain't going to recess until I made my soap, from olive oil and palm oil. We made soaps from both oils. Great. At last, we finished it. It smelled, soap-like. The touch was soap-like too. Okay, it was soap. Haa. Nice. 


I took part in a Physics quiz too. Don't think I did great. Hope for the best!


More experiments, please!


By JM

0 comments:

Share!