BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A blasting 40th STSL Annual Dinner

Well, I mean 'blasting' as in literally rocking the dance floor kind of blasting. Whether you feel the same way or not, I was happy. It was held in the Heritage Hotel's ballroom.




Oh man, I was surprised to see the crowd gathered in front of the entrance when I reached there. I was looking for my fellow buddies. They dressed up smartly. I can hardly recognize them without a second look. The girls were dazzling too, maybe hours of make-up did paid off, or maybe not. They were eye-catching as always. I found them by the corner, in front of the door, by the elevator - almost everywhere. Some were even playing in the elevator, up and down it went. Here he was, the head librarian Yi Xuan standing by the door looking great welcoming the guests, including me. I shook hands with him and congratulated everyone. Have fun!


The show was going to start soon. The ballroom was sparkling brightly. Well, maybe it was the shining crystal glass light above the ceiling or maybe it was the wonderful guests we had in it. Nice. The event was started with some video clips dated back from 37th until 40th - the newest one. The 40th video was splendid and funny. The RFAs and Kien Leong danced nice. Time-wrap. Dimensions crossed each other in hyperspace. Bah!


Next, it was like the never-ending of ceremonies, speeches and souvenir-giving sessions. It was nicely done and smiles on the VIPs' faces. They were happy too. Kee Min, Li Yong, Kien Leong, Weng Sie and Ting Fang were the MCs. Good job! There were sessions such as prize-giving, handover ceremony and performance by Li Yong with the electric guitar. He was awesome playing it, plus the touching ending. He's the man!


Im trying to cut this post short. So ain't gonna tell on the buffet dinner and all those weird stuffs happened then. XD


I was voted as the Best Comm with 58 votes. Thanks for everyone's support! I felt great. I will not forget what I had been through these years with you all. Old and new, it meant very much to me. You all made a place in my heart. 


The photo-taking session - we turned this upside down. Nobody went on queue or whatever. We went in groups of tens. Snapshots, group shots, flashes from different cameras would have lighten up the place even without the ceiling lights. XD 


Everything has an end, including the annual dinner. They went for second round. I wasn't going, waiting by the door. Oh man, how much I savour those moments.


By JM

0 comments:

Share!