BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pacific Ocean to Love River

Next on the list, it was a long drive along the coastal highway to Kaoxiong. The coast, Pacific Ocean was strong and mighty with an aura of grandness. Thousands miles across the ocean, it could reach USA or Japan. How vast was it. Remarkable. I watched in awe along the road trip. I had music rocking in my ears, such as Whatcha Say, Love Story, Numb.. I was just relaxing.


But then, we went to a Buddhist temple. Nice. Commercialize, I thought. With ancient-design temples and statues, students study and research Buddhist here. I was told a great master from here, is now traveling around the world to promote Buddhist. 


Afterwards, we reached Kaoxiong. Nice city with neon lights aglow everywhere. It had a river, Love River cutting the city into two parts. We had a boat ride on the Love River. Why it was called the Love River? I'm not so sure about it. It must have something to do with the word 'love'. I just enjoyed the ride and nice views. Bridges of different heights was rigid regardless of the salty river water's splash. Love River, I was told that someone jumped into the river once before, just to show his love to his girlfriend. He made news and happiness. What a buzz! Hah!


We also went to the Kaoxiong harbour. We climbed up to the fort at the hill. With surprising Dutchmen fort and clear harbour's view, we took photos and noticed a lighthouse too. Couples sat around the fort, overlooking the harbour, so romantic. It went better when there was a club singer sang near the fort. Hah! Just a singer. By the seaside, by the barricade, couples sat and cuddled happily. Just another sight to behold. Whole row of couples. Nice.


By JM

0 comments:

Share!